|Number of Skills:||10|
|Total Skill Points:||61|
|Total Quest Skills:||3|
Deal with a hope...
Born in a wealthy merchant family, he/she was taught that everything in life is about money. Thinking that an easy fortune is awaiting, he/she decides to join the other adventurers gathered by King Tristan 3rd. He/she has many different skills to utilize in selling items, as well as the ability to carry more items in the cart. There is also the skill Mammonite, which uses precious money and does damage that well meets the value of the money being used.
Always on the lookout for profit, Merchants are the economic experts of Ragnarok Online. Setting out to make a fortune, playing as a Merchant will allow the player to get the most out of every last zeny. Merchants are also handy with items, being able to carry far more than other classes thanks to their Enlarge Weight Limit and Pushcart abilities.
Although a Merchant is bound to feel more at home at the marketplaces and auction houses of Rune-Midgard, they can still hold their own in battle, specially when it comes to defending their wares. Inherently sturdy, Merchants are able to equip most of the game's heavy armor and melee weapons, allowing good defense and decent attack.
Starting stats for merchants depend mostly on whether the player wishes to make a battle-oriented character or concentrate on the stats needed after job change in order to make items successfully. In the first case, a swordsman-like starting build is a good idea, both in its VIT and AGI variants. In the second case, the player should keep in mind that Blacksmiths' forging success and Alchemists' potion mixing depend heavily on high DEX and LUK, as well as INT in the case of Alchemists.
The following skills for this class have been altered. See the corresponding page to find which servers are affected:
Job Change Guide
|Items:||Loki Only -- 1 , 1 1 Hour Package Vol 5, 1 Merchant Package|
|Experience:||Base EXP:||Job EXP:|
|Quest Reward(s):||Jobchange to Merchant|
1. Head to Alberta and enter the Merchant Guild in the southwest corner (36, 42). Inside talk to the blond NPC behind the desk to sign up to become a Merchant.
2. She will ask you to pay a fee of 1,000 Zeny before beginning the quest. You can pay half (500z) before and half (500z) after you go through the quest if you lack the funds. You will also be given a Serial Number to give to the next NPC, do not forget what it is. The serial number is randomly chosen between one of these:
You will also be told who and where to deliver the parcel to from one of the following:
- Izlude Dungeon (Bylan Island) : Kafra Employee (106,58)
- Prontera : Southeastern corner, Kafra Employee (248,42)
- Geffen : Mage Guild in the northwest building, to the man with glasses (in: 155,122)
- Morroc : Dyemaker's house in the northeastern house, he is located in the room directly to the right after you enter the house (271, 269)
3. Head down into the warehouse and speak with the warehouse supervisor. You must the enter the serial number as well as the destination of the parcel. The supervisor will give you a parcel even if you enter the wrong serial number or destination, but the receiving NPC will not accept it, thus requiring the player to start from scratch.
4. Deliver the parcel to the appropriate NPC, and you will receive a Receipt from them if you are successful.
5. Return to Alberta and present the supervisor with the receipt, then speak with the guild leader to become a Merchant.
- Upon successful completion of the Merchant Job Change quest, you are awarded with these items
|Buy items from NPC's with an up to 24% discount.||10||Passive|
|Increase your character's maximum Weight Limit by up to 2000 points.||10||Passive|
|Identify items without a magnifier.||1||Active|
|Powerful melee attack dealing up to 600% damage that costs up to 1000 Zeny.||10||Offensive|
|Get up to 24% more Zeny from selling items to NPC's.||10||Passive|
|Carry an additional 8000 weight units and/or 100 items in a separate inventory.||10||Passive|
|Open a shop with up to 12 item stacks for other players to buy.||10||Active|
|Skill||Description||Levels||Type|| Job Level
|Melee AoE attack that gets stronger as your cart gets heavier.||1||Offensive||35||Cart Revolution Quest|
|Change your cart's appearance as you gain levels.||1||Active||30||Change Cart Quest|
|A self-buff that grants +4 STR.||1||Supportive||15||Crazy Uproar Quest|
|Skills||Cart Revolution · Change Cart · Discount · Enlarge Weight Limit · Identify · Loud Exclamation · Mammonite · Overcharge · Pushcart · Vending|
|Quests||Merchant Job Change Guide · Merchant Skill Quest · Merchant Training Quest|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice · Super Novice|
|First Class||Acolyte · Archer · Magician · Merchant · Swordman · Thief|
|Second Class||Priest · Monk · Hunter · Bard · Dancer · Wizard · Sage · Blacksmith · Alchemist · Knight · Crusader · Assassin · Rogue|
|Transcendant Second Class||High Priest · Champion · Sniper · Minstrel · Gypsy · High Wizard · Professor · Whitesmith · Creator · Lord Knight · Paladin · Assassin Cross · Stalker|
|Expanded Class||Gunslinger · Ninja · TaeKwon Kid · TaeKwon Master · Soul Linker|