From RebirthRO Wiki
Yes, fishing! Unlike most other methods of fishing in the RO world, we're very, very pleased with our version of it and the freedom it affords; not to mention its depth!
- A few NPCs centred around Aldebaran (Located at 148, 228) have appeared. These NPCs will introduce you to and get you started with fishing.
- The Fishing Tutor will give you your very first rod and bait. He will also give an overview on the process of fishing.
- The Fishing Supplies Doram will sell you new rods and bait, in exchange for Shekel.
- The Fish Merchant will trade any fish you have for Shekel.
- A currency, Shekel, has been added. This functions similarly to Denarus for our custom crafting on Loki. It may be earnt by trading fish to the Fish Merchant, and spent with the Fishing Supplies Doram.
- New types of weapon - Fishing Rods - and ammunition - Fishing Bait - have been added. Both are required to begin fishing.
- A new skill - Fishing - has been added. Fishing Rods will grant you this skill once equipped. To use it, you must have some bait equipped, as well as be in or near a body of water.
- New recipes for fishing bait have been added to the level 5~9 cookbooks.
- Somewhere between 150 and 200 fish have been added, each with their own effect and use.
- Roughly 100 maps are compatible with fishing. At the minute, this is limited to the mainland of Rune-Midgard, Schwartzwald and Arunafeltz.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I start!?
- Speak to the Fishing Tutor in Aldebaran (Located at 148, 228 | /navi Aldebaran 148/228) and he will give you some bait, a fishing rod and a slap on the arse and away you go! The world is your oyster! Yeah alright, that wasn't the best pun, but you really can fish pretty much wherever you want!
- Ok, now what?
- When you equip the fishing rod, you'll find there is a fishing skill in the misc. tab of your skill list. To use this skill, you must have some bait equipped, which works exactly like arrows do. After that, you just need to go find some water and you're done!
- But which water?
- Well, I painstakingly went around and edited most of the Rune-Midgard, Schwartzwald, Arunafeltz and localisation (though these have no fish as of yet) towns' field maps to allow any water to be fishable! In total I edited over 100 maps that have fishable water in!
- Really? What's the catch?
- None really! We've limited it to field maps - for obvious reasons - and town maps only within the "old world" of RO. You might find some bodies of water are too shallow to fish in (and some just don't have any fish in them), or some cliffs or mountains might be too steep to throw a rod over. But overall, there really are over 100 maps in which you can fish!
- What's the rewards then?
- Each individual fish has its own effect. You'll find some fish heal you for HP, some for SP, some for both! Some fishies fetch a high price when sold to a merchant. Some fishes can be eaten to give temporary status boosts or bonuses. Some are really rare and hard to catch, giving you huge EXP boosts!