The Adoption System is the process of becoming a Baby class by being adopted by a married couple. Becoming a Baby requires the adoptee to be a First Class or Novice and the parents must be both level 70 or higher.
However, for loki, any character can become a baby class without being adopted. To do this, you need to speak to the Job Master while you are still a level 1/1 Novice. The NPC will ask if you want to become a baby. If you agree, you will become a baby novice.
How to Adopt
- Have a male and female become married.
- Invite the character that is to become adopted into the party.
- Note: Parents must have their wedding rings equipped.
- One of the parents must right click the child-to-be and select "Adopt <name>". Said character will be prompted if they want to be adopted by you - if they click OK, they will become the parents' child.
- Note: Parents can only adopt one character.
Adopted characters and their parents gain access to new skills.
Skills for Adoptees
||Parents will have no death penalty for 2 minutes; Requires 10% of the child's MAX SP Amount
||Summons parents to the child's location.
Skills for Parents
||Summons child to parent's location.
Benefits of being Adopted
- The child will be able to share with either (or both) of their Parents at any given level, as long as the Parents are both 70+. This makes leeching from 1/1 to 99/50 possible.
- The child is now Size Small. This renders Skel Worker Cards ineffective in PvP or WoE against child characters, as the only aspect of it that will affect them is the +5 ATK per card.
- Since the child is Small sized, the Knight skill Pierce will only do 1 hit.
Limitations of being Adopted
- Child's HP and SP are only 75% of Max HP and Max SP.
- Adopted characters cannot Rebirth/Transcend
- Adopted Blacksmiths' and Alchemists' Forge and Brewing skills rates are decreased by 50%.