2017 Summer Carnival
The carnival will use tickets, similar to an actual carnival, called Carnival Coupons. The carnival is a series of mini-events that require the coupons to participate.
The duration of the carnival: June 18 2017 to July 8 2017. May end sooner due to a maintenance.
How to Participate
- Every day, you will be given 5 Carnival Coupons in addition to however many you already have each day by talking to the Ticket Master in Morroc (Located at 160, 89).
- Use these coupons to participate in the carnival when it begins to have a chance to win various prizes.
- NPC J4c speaks in a hard to read language known as 1337 speak. He has smuggled some counter-fit Carnival Coupons in for you to purchase if you are unable to wait until the next day to continue playing the carnival!
- 10 million Zeny or 20 Premium Points per Counter-fit Carnival Coupon. Be warned he will put you on blast if you don't have the cash!
Types of games
The fair offers many types of games to play to win prizes. These games include:
- Peco Racing (Located at 136, 59): Ever looked at Peco's and thought "Is that just a Chocobo rip off?", ever done any Chocobo Racing? Well this... is sorta... like... something along that lines... yeah! There are 5 Peco's and you bet on which one you think is going to win, pick the one that comes in first and you get the special prize, the place your Peco comes in determines your prize!
- Test Your Strength (Located at 186, 77): Do you find yourself looking in the mirror, staring at your arms all day long? Is your favorite monster Satan Morroc, not because it looks cool, but because it has bigger muscles then you could ever have? If you answered yes to either of those, well... you're on your own. However, you CAN test your strength and see how you compare to other puny humans. The higher you score, the better prize you can receive. So give up, or throw down your hammer and give the bell a good ring
- Card Sharks (Located at 47, 76): Are you as old as me? Do you remember this game show?! and the way you play this game is you are dealt a card, and you have to guess if the next one is higher, lower or the same. Every 2 successful guesses you get a chance to take your prize, or try to get to the grand prize. Do you have what it takes to flip the last card, find out! (And ignore the fact that the display of the cards is weird, that's hard to make look nice!)
- Slot Machines (Located at 232, 122 and in 2 areas close by): They're slot machines, what more do you want from me, coming up with rambly rants is hard ;( Well lemme try anyhow... Spin those porings round and round catch em 'fore they... well they stay on the ground so that doesn't work... Anyhow it's a slot machine, spin it, match the right things and you win! Slots have the best potential payout for Carnival Cash, but the largest chance to outright fail and get nothing ;( Are you a gambler, care to test your luck? You gotta spin it to win it!
- Safe Cracker (Located at 89, 168): First off, it's not a Safe, but Safe Cracker sounds better, Treasure Cracker sounds weird, or like it's a cracker that you eat that's shaped like a treasure. Anyyyywhoooo have you ever played one of those games where you have to figure out a 3 digit code, and it tells you if you got the right number in the right spot, or the right number but in the wrong spot? Well if you haven't (or have and didn't like it), and you don't like logic games, you're gonna hate this! You have to crack the code to get yourself into the treasure, the less tries it takes the better your prize, try too many times and the lock is going to jam!
- Blackjack (Located at 164, 274): Blackjack card game. Game-play based off standard casino rules. Dealer must have at least 17 to stay and will auto stay at 17 and up. Double Down is where you believe you can do better in a single card play and get better than the dealer or hit blackjack (21). It will show your winnings(5 Carnival Cash) + Bet or give you 1 Carnival Coupon when you win a regular game. When you choose "Double Down" you either can win double what you get -OR- a costume. NOTE: You bet your carnival cash so if you lose, you lose the amount you bet.
Each game has unique prizes that can be won as well as some general prizes for participating. These include, but are not limited to:
- Carnival Cash that can be traded in for various account-bound event headgears that are normally only available from the Event Point Redemption NPC.
- Dyna-Event (Trading in 175 Carnival Cash)
- Pecopeco Headband or Peco King Band (Peco Racing)
- Fortis Potestas (Test Your Strength)
- Trump Card (Card Sharks)
- Pet Egg Coupon (Slot Machines)
- Treasure Basket (Safe Cracker)
In addition to the above, The games also have a chance to give you a costume respective to the game on success.
- Costume: Peco Wing Ears (Peco Racing)
- Costume: Little Angel Wings (Peco Racing)
- Costume: Elegant Top Hat (Test Your Strength)
- Costume: Poker Card (Card Sharks)
- Costume: King Poring (Slot Machines)
- Costume: Navi (Pink) (Safe Cracker)
- Costume: Poring Card (Blackjack)
Carnival Cash Exchange
You can exchange the carnival points earned from the mini-games for various items. All of the items are account-bound. Data below may not be applicable to all servers.
- Yggdrasil Crown (65 Carnival Cash)
- Sloth Hat (65 Carnival Cash)
- Blacksweater Hat (65 Carnival Cash)
- Drooping Maya (65 Carnival Cash)
- Kobold Cap (65 Carnival Cash)
- Red Glasses (1) (80 Carnival Cash)
- Coppola (2) (80 Carnival Cash)
- Hunter's Clip (90 Carnival Cash)
- Sniper's Clip (1) (135 Carnival Cash)
- Merchant's Clip (90 Carnival Cash)
- Vendor's Clip (1) (135 Carnival Cash)
- Treasureberry (100 Carnival Cash)
- Flying Devil (65 Carnival Cash)
- Orange Tie (65 Carnival Cash)
- Black Tie (65 Carnival Cash)
- Hunter's Cap (90 Carnival Cash)
- Wings of Victory (90 Carnival Cash)
- Bell Ribbon (90 Carnival Cash)
- Ash's Cap (90 Carnival Cash)
- Ballon De Poodle (90 Carnival Cash)
- Rima's Ribbon (90 Carnival Cash)