From RebirthRO Wiki
100, 50 , 30 , 20 , 15 , 10 , 2 , 10 , Various Art Items, 10 , 20 , 30 , 1 , 1 , 1 , 5 , 2 , 1 or , 1 , 10 , 1 , 4 , 12 , 375
|Item(s) (Not Consumed):||
1 Level 4 Weapon
|Quest Corequisite(s):||Umbala Language Quest, Piano Keys Quest|
|Items:||3 The Sign -OR- 1, 10 , ,|
|Experience:||Base EXP:||Job EXP:|
|3,000,000 -OR- 500,000|
|Quest Reward(s):||Cursed Water Fountain, Access to Geffenia|
Part 1: Crumbs of Sobbing Starlight
1. Read the announcement on one of the Sign boards in one of the following cities:
- Note: You only need to visit one town. All the announcements are the same in every town.
2. Go to Prontera and enter a building (Located at 263, 275) and talk to Archeologist Metz (Located at 227, 45) about the announcement. Speak to him again, and agree to help him. Once he mentions Arian, travel to Morocc for your first test.
3. Go to Morocc and enter a building (Located at 283, 173). Talk to the rogue, Arian (Located at 115, 154) for the first test. He desires the following sets of items:
- Warning: Only bring the set of items that he asks from and NONE of the other sets (i.e. not 100 and 50 at the same time). Otherwise, he will take all the quest items and you will have to recollect.
4. After Arian has all the items he wanted, speak to the Young Man, Gaanan (Located at 114 162) above him. Gaanan will asks 5 questions, to which the answers are:
- Stranded on an island: Explore the island
- Stuck in a collapsed building: Find a way out
- Lost in a dungeon: Stay put
- A murder is committed: Wait for the case to get solved
- The world is going to end: What else? Save the world
Once you have answered all the questions correctly, talk to him again and he will reward you for passing.
5. For your second test, head to Payon and enter a building (Located at 130, 204). Inside, head three rooms south-west from the entrance and talk to Daewoon (Located at 11, 31). Start your conversation with him and ask him "Do you have any idea what that jewel you're holding actually is?" when prompted to begin his test. Best possible answers to his questions are:
- Do you have a lot of friends that you can constantly party with?: Yes, I do
- What's your opinion on purposely getting lots of monsters to follow you around?: I hate people who do that
- Would you destroy the masterful sculpture, Emperium?: I can't destroy such beauty...
- Would you give your enemy the help that he needs?: Yes, of course!
- Do you enjoy Life?: Yes
If you passed his test, he will hand reward you.
- Note: For Question 3, the option "Close my eyes and attack/smash it" is also accepted.
6. Go to Al De Baran and enter a building (Located at 223, 56) to talk to Sir Jore (Located at 155 101). He needs your help to gather some items after failing his experiment:
- Note: You can only talk to Sir Jore from 5pm-10pm Server Time daily.
7. After collecting the items, Sir Jore requires information about the Stone of Sage from two famous alchemists. Talk to Piru Piru (Located at 156, 118), just north west from Sir Jore and she'll reveal the location of the two alchemists: the south forest.
8.First, find the daughter Pleur (Located at 57, 151) on Hidden Temple F2.
- Note: If you've entered the maze from Prontera Field 01, follow these directions: Up, Down, Left, Right, Down, Up, Left, Up, Up, Left
- Note2: If you've entered the maze from Mt. Mjolnir 12, follow these directions: Down, Down, Left, Right, Down, Up, Left, Up, Up
9. Once you get close to her, either one of two possible things could happen:
- Success - You'll be teleported on the same map with both the father and the daughter, thus completing this part of the quest.
- Failure - You'll become lost and be teleported to other parts of the maze.
- Note: If you fail, keep finding Pleur until you succeeded. However, you will be warped in a random area of the maze and getting to her will be time consuming. It is best to return to the maze from one of the two entrances.
10. Once caught up with them (Located at 14, 183 & 16, 183), talk to Gordon and select "Roar~!" Harmless monsters will spawn. Speak to him again about the Stone. You will be teleported to Mt. Mjolnir 12 after your conversation with him.
11. Go back to Tell Sir Jore and tell him all about your discovery. He will ask you about the Stone of Sage and you will need to respond by entering Red Gemstone. Once successful, he will reward you and mention Jesqurienne from Geffen.
12. Go to Geffen and enter a building (Located at 168, 170) around the north-east section of the map to find a female drinker named Jesqurienne (Located at 59, 74). Tell her you've heard of her, and then call her a stuck-up chick to accept her challenge. Talk to her boyfriend Aaron at the same table to begin the challenge. In order to win, more questions must be answered correctly than Jesqurienne. The ten multiple choice questions presented will also be chosen at random. Examples of some questions are:
- Choose the property that is unrelated to the Mage's Bolt type skills: Earth
- Choose a monster that is a different type than the others: Penomena
- Choose the job class that cannot equip Silk Robe: Hunter
- Choose the weight of an Empty Bottle: 2
- Choose the monster that doesn't drop a Yggdrasil Leaf: Marduk
- Choose the defense of an Indian Fillet: 3
- Choose the defense and stat bonus of a Bunny Band: 2 DEF, 2 LUK
- Choose the monster that takes extra damage from fire property weapons: Mace Goblin
- Choose the armor that a novice cannot equip: Wooden Mail
- Choose the monster that Stone Curse won't work on: Evil Druid
- Choose the monster that is of a different size: Marine
- Choose the item needed to make a Gladius: Sapphire
- Choose the location closest to Juno's weapon upgrade shop: Weapon Shop
- Fifty-one times fifteen divided by three plus 5: 260
- Choose the NPC that looks different from the others: Prontera Hollghrenen
- Choose the item not needed to make condensed whites: Empty Bottle
- Choose the correct name of the ruler of Rune Midgards Kindgom: Tristan III
- What is the city closest to Turtle Island: Alberta
- Choose the hunters trap that doesn't do property damage: Shockwave Trap
- Chosee the prefix or suffix that is incorrectly matched with the monster card name: Golem (Immortal)
- Three thousand one hundred two added to five hundred plus 4 divided by six: 601
- Note: There is a time limit for this quest. If you take too long to answer, the quiz will be restarted.
Once you've beaten her, she will ask you to tell her your named and she will reward you.
13. Go to Comodo and enter the Comodo Casino (Located at 153, 97). Proceed to the second floor and talk to the Strange Guy, Dearles (Located at 88, 51). He will need 30,000 Zeny from you to start his challenge. At night, he will ask you for some artsy items. You need to collect a total of 11 or more points in order to continue. Here is a list of items and its respective points:
- Note: The artsy items part of this step can only be completed from 7pm-9pm Server Time daily.
up left down right down left & up right down right down left & up right & up left & stay center down left & down right & down left down right & center & down right down left & up left & up right & down right & center down left & up right & up left & down right up right & down right & up right & down right up left & up right & center & up right & down left & down right
- Any movement speed enhancing items/buffs are recommended, but not necessary.
- You don't have to reach the end of the spot, just touch one of the first lines of the step to make it count. This strategy helps out to successfully finish the test.
- When a "Hide" spot is seen at the dancing test room, move to it to "Unhide" the spot, indicating a dance move was performed correctly.
- The last part is tricky: sometimes it's the center sometimes it's down, even if it says center. Be sure to check the "Hide" for the last part.
Once the examiner confirms that you have passed the test, talk to Dearles and he will reward you.
15. Go to Alberta and enter the building (Located at 93, 203). Head upstairs and enter the first room. Talk to Bakerlan (Located at 125, 101), the Wealthy looking Merchant and he will tell you that he's busy and needs to know the location of his butler. Go to the first floor of the building and look for a Refined Steward, Mahatra (Located at 114 178). He will require you to send a Stone to Crusader in Yuno.
16. Go to Yuno and find a crusader, Leibech (Located at 330, 100). He gives a Receipt in turn for the Stone. Then head back for Mahatra.
17. Mahatra needs you to find his boss. Bakerlan will require you to get more experience and guides you back to Mahatra to undertake another test. He requires you to help a maid, Seylin (Located at 154, 171) in the second floor corridor. Seylin will ask your help to get aas a gift for his brother.
18. Go to Al De Baran and enter the Alchemist Guild (Located at 68, 56) to find an Alchemist named Melkaba (Located at 169, 162). He will help you create by bringing him the following ingredients:
- Note: It is required that you bring additional items as there will be a chance of failure.
19. Once you have a, go back to Seylin. She'll need the Vigorgra and a letter send to her brother at Prontera Castle.
20. Go to Prontera and enter the Prontera Castle and find her brother, Maruin (Located at 107 58). After he gets the items, return to Seylin. Then go downstairs and talk to Mahatra. He will send you up to Bakerlan. Finally Bakerlan says you've passed the test and rewards you for your efforts.
21. Go to Prontera and return to Metz. He will provide more information about the Crumb of Sobbing Starlights and reward you with the last piece.
Part 2: The Complete Sobbing Starlight
- Note: You must have all of the 7 to start this part of the quest.
1. Continue talking to Metz and he tells you that if you can merge all thes into a , he'll reveal more secrets. He will then tell you the location of the only Blacksmith from Geffen who can forge it and perform such task.
- Note: You'll need to talk to him few times to activate the second quest.
2. Go to Geffen and enter the building (Located at 138, 101) to find a Lonely Looking Woman, Brenda (Located at 159, 48). Ask her about her husband, Engel Howard and she will tell you her family's story. After that, go talk to Cute Girl, Liana (Located at 171, 42). She will ask you to send a Picture Letter to her father. To get the drawing you must respond with "..." after telling Liana her dad misses her.
3. Head to the Coal Mines F2 to find her father. Find Engel (Located 88, 295) by using the hidden path (Located at 64, 295).
4. Give the Picture Letter to him and tell him your intentions. He will ask you to gather items to forge the.
- Note: The higher quality the anvil, the higher chance it'll succeed. is the best, but your anvil will not be returned once you give it to him. You get one chance with any anvil of your choice, but if that attempt fails, you will need to return with a or instead.
After you pass over the items he needs, he'll ask you send the a letter to his Wife while waiting for him to complete the forging.
5. Go back to Geffen and pass the letter to his Wife, Brenda. Before you leave make sure to talk to the Cute Girl, Liana for a reward.
6. Go back to to Engel. If he failed to forge it, recollect the ingredients and use a higher quality anvil instead. If he succeeds, he will give you the forged item.
7. Go back Prontera and return to Metz. Tell him the good news and he's very happy with your achievments. Unfortunately, he can't read the ancient words inside of it, so he guides you to search for a Magician named Dhota in Geffen.
8. Go to the Geffen and head to the Geffen Tower (Located at 120, 110) to find Angry Man, Dhota (Located at 118, 36) at the highest floor. Tell him about the Sobbing Starlight and he'll ask you to go to Umbala to get the solution instead.
- Note: You must complete the Umbala Language Quest to continue from this point.
9. Go to Umbala and talk to a Native named Laotan (Located at 163, 256) for clue. He will only exchange the clue if you bring him a:
- Note: See Mr. Smile Quest for information on how to create a .
10. Follow the instructions of the Native. Go to Umbala Dungeon F1 and find a building (Located at 129, 90). You will find a Strange Looking Man, Shaine (Located at 27, 23). Tell him your intentions he'll ask you to collect:
After bringing him the required items he will give you an important document.
11. Once you have the documents, return to Metz.
Part 3: The Ancient Document
- Note: You must have the to start this quest.
1. Talk to Metz and he mentions an old man, Frank, who can translate the.
2. Go to Alberta and find a Fastidious Old Man, Frank (Located at 165, 83). He is talking to himself and seems to be mumbling about his eyesight. Go to the Alberta's Armor Dealer and buy him a pair of:
3. Once you bring him, he'll help translate the . Keep talking to him and he'll eventually give you a translated version of the record.
4. Go to Geffen Field 07 and examine the Giant Telescope (Located at 178, 244). You will need to bring some items:
5. Move onto one of the Chairs (Located at 182 241) there to find an entrance to the Valkyrie Temple. Keep going up to find Valkyrie, Sandra (Located at 48, 85). After speaking to her, she teleports you back to Geffen.
6. Return to Metz and he will guide you to Niflheim.
- Note: You must complete the Piano Keys Quest in order to continue at this point.
7. Go to Niflheim and find a Pleasant-Featured Lady, Serin (Located at 313, 70). She will ask for your help and reply with "Sure, go ahead". Show more interest by replying "Sure, let's do it". Your next answer will determine how you wish to continue the quest.
- A - Sure, why not? (Longer quest) - If you chose this path, you will receive along with some experience.
- B - Why should I help them. (Shorter quest)
- Note: Most of the NPCs in Niflheim are dead. So to talk to them, simply walk near them to initiate a conversation. To talk back, simply click on their heads.
Part 4A: "Sure, why not?"
- Warning: It is important that you read this part carefully as clicking on some of the quest NPCs will result in failure. Otherwise, you will be teleported back to Umbala.
1. Talk to Serin and tell her "I understand.". You will need to track down a Kid, Alakina Anne (Located at 169, 162). She'll cry about wanting to go back home. After talking to her again and ask her "About the curse". She will then give you a few pointers.
- Note: You must walk near her for her to initiate a conversation. Then you can talk back by clicking on her head.
2. Next, without clicking it, walk near the Cursed Spirit, Ashe Bruce (Located at 350, 258). He senses your strength, select the Pull and read the 3rd book. You would be prompt to enter a spell, select the following options: Klaatu, Verata and Nictu (a hidden 4th option). It takes a few tries of inputting this spell until his curse is finally broken.
- Note: The 4th option is quite tricky, as it is written in white.
3. If you're successful in breaking the witch's curse, he will reward you with a spell book.
4. Go near Alakina Anne and she'll ask for help to go back. Choose "How are you going to get home?" and then go find the Witch at the Witch Tower.
5. Go to the Witch Tower (Located at 254, 191) and follow the carpet in the Piano room to enter the Witch's Room. Walk near the Witch, Kirkena (Located at 188, 168) for her to initiate a conversation. Hand in over thethen ask her to "Send a child back". Keep on talking to her and she will give you and item to help the child.
- Note: If you click on her, you will be teleported back to Umbala.
- Note: In LOKI, use the @go commands to be warped out of her room.
7. Walk near Alakina Anne to give the wing and she'll thank you. Walk near her again and she'll say you lied to her, and she still can't go back.
8. Go back to Kirkena for an explanation. She'll say thecan only be used by living people. It means that the kid is already dead.
9. You tried your best, and you must now head back to Serin. She will thank you even if you were unable to help the child. As she promised, she'll give you her important item as a reward.
- Warning: It is important that you DO NOT equip as some of the Niflheim NPCs will have a chance of stealing it from you.
10. Talk to Serin again and she'll ask you to find Greyryu the Poet. Head over to a Niflheim building (Located at 187, 241) and you'll find Crayu (Located at 105, 81). Walk near him and he will start to ask you questions. After answering a few questions he asks you to find Gen.
11. You'll find a Depressing Man, Gen (Located at 146 241) just west of the building you entered. Talk to him and you'll find out that he was the chosen one once, but failed, and he cautions you. He advises you to find the Witch for help.
Part 4B: "Why Should I Help Them?"
- Warning: It is important that you read this part carefully as clicking on some of the quest NPCs will result in failure. Otherwise, you will be teleported back to Umbala.
1. Find a Depressing Man, Gen (Located at 146, 241). Talk to him and you find out that he was the chosen one once, but failed, and he cautions you. He advises you to find the Witch for help.
2. Go to the Witch Tower (Located at 254, 191) and follow the carpet in the Piano room to enter the Witch's Room. Walk near the Witch, Kirkena (Located at 188, 168) for her to initiate a conversation. Walk near the Witch, Kirkena (Located at 188, 168) for her to initiate a conversation. She will ask you to find her.
3. Next, without clicking it, walk near the Cursed Spirit, Ashe Bruce (Located at 350, 258). He senses your strength, select the Pull and read the 3rd book. You would be prompt to enter a spell, select the following options: Klaatu, Verata and Nictu (a hidden 4th option). It takes a few tries of inputting this spell until his curse is finally broken.
- Note: The 4th option is quite tricky, as it is written in white.
4. If you're successful in breaking the witch's curse, he will reward you with a spell book.
5. Go back to the witches castle. Enter the witches room by clicking on the speech bubble next to the Portait in the 2nd floor (Located at 139, 176). Return to Kirkena and hand her in the.
Part 5: Proving Yourself
1. Walk near the Witch, Kirkena and she'll tell you about the dangers of the quest. She will tell you that you need to prove yourself by bringing her theand asks you to keep it as a secret. Walk near her again and she'll tell you to enter through the headstone near the stairs on the second floor the next time you visit.
2. Go to Serin and she'll tell you thing that the Witch didn't tell you. She also wants you to inform her first-hand once you get thefrom the Ruler of the Dead and listen to the reasons why she needs these powers.
- Note: You will need to click on her 3 times for her to start talking.
3. Go to Geffen Field 07 and go back to the Giant Telescope (Located at 182, 241) to enter the Valkyrie Temple. Talk to Valkyrie, Sandra and she'll say she can't help you, but she'll give you support mentally.
- Note: You do not need to bring the ingredients necessary from the previous part.
4.Go back Niflheim to find more clues. You find a Mad Man, Laichin (Located at 102, 54) and he seems to have information you need. In order for him to share information, first, you will need to pay him 40,000 Zeny. Then, you will need to pay him 20,000 Zeny again.
5. Listen carefully to the locations that he will give you. The locations are random for each person and you will be given 4 locations out of 8. Follow the exact sequence that he mentions.
6. Go to Glast Heim Dungeon 02, the lowest cave of Glast Heim and bring a bring a Level 4 weapon from before the 10.1 update.
- Note: See List of Pre-10.1 Level 4 Weapons for a full list of acceptable weapons.
- Note2: You do not need to equip the weapon. Just simply bring it.
|1||big 10 o'clock||(43, 251)|
|2||small 11 o'clock||(123, 230)|
|3||big 1 o'clock||(263, 267)|
|4||very small 11 o'clock||(118, 183)|
|5||big 4 o'clock||(273, 97)|
|6||small 6 o'clock||(138, 72)|
|7||big 7 o'clock||(19, 27)|
|8||big 5 o'clock||(268, 33)|
7. Once there, examine the Mysterious Environment and it'll pop up with 3 types of message.
The mysterious energy flows out. However, the environment seems to be creepier.
- You are doing the wrong sequence. Find another spot.
With the weapon you have currently, it's impossible to break the seal.
- You do not have an acceptable Level 4 Weapon.
It shakes but there isn't any further response. Maybe it needs a greater impact to be activated.
- Keep clicking the Mysterious Environment.
8. Go back to Niflheim and talk to Depressing Man, Gen. He will identify himself as a servant to his master, Lady Hell. His master is looking for the and he'll send you to an Unknown Area where his master resides.
9. Head up to the Unknown Area. Pass by the fountain and keep moving upward and you'll find the Queen of the Dead, Lady Hell. Talk to her and she will exchange an important item for the.
10. Once you have the, you will not have to choose who to show it first:
- A - Witch, Kirkena: Requires defeating more monsters but with the ability to bring a party.
- B - Pleasant-Featured Lady, Serin: Requires defeating 1 Dark Illusion with no party.
Part 6A: Kirkena the Witch
1. If you chose the Witch, Kirkena, go find her in her room through the headstone near the stairs on the second floor.
2. She'll ask for theand explain the reasons she needs it. If you received earlier, she'll take it from you but will return it later. After that she'll give you:
With, you can bring 4 more party members to assist you in defeating the quest monsters later on. You will need to talk to the Witch to enter Serin's room before others can follow. In order for the others to help you fight, they will need to talk to the same gravestone that you do in order to get into the witch's room. They will need to have the seal on them. Do not let the extra partners lose any of the , they will need to be returned.
3. Kirkena found the location of Serin. Once you're ready, she will send you to an instance of Valley of Gyoll with monsters that do not yield drops and experience. Monsters include:
You must fight your way past them to get to the portal on the other side. Enter it, and you'll be in Serin's room. If you have people helping you, they'll be sent to Serin and must talk to her to get to where you are. Talk to her and choose to "Stop her."
4. Serin will summon monsters to attack you. Try not to stand near her when you talk to her. You'll need to defeat these monsters to continue:
5. Once you beat the monsters, Serin will reappear. She'll tell you she's happy that she met you and she'll give up her dream and live peacefully in Niflheim. Later on she'll send you back to the Witch's room. There is a 10 minute time limit on this battle. Every time you are kicked from the room due to a loss or a time out, there is a chance that you will fail the quest.
6. If you fail, the rest of the quest NPCs will no longer talk to you. Return to Metz in Prontera to receive:
Part 6B: Serin the Pleasant-Featured Lady
1. If you chose Pleasant-Featured Lady, Serin, go find her and pass her the. She'll send you directly to her room.
2. In the room listen to her reasons for using the WARNING: When it prompts you with the third dialog box with two options, if you choose the first option ("Alright, I'll let you go.") then you will automatically fail the quest. If done correctly, She will then summon 1 Dark Illusion to attack you. There is a 10 minute time limit on this battle. Every time you are kicked from the room due to a loss or a time out, there is a chance that you will fail the quest.. With some doubt, you must "Stop her." When prompted with a dialog box (there are three), choose the 1st option ("But why...?"), then the first option again (note that there are no other options for the first two dialog boxes), then when it gives you two options, choose the 2nd option ("No, you have to be stopped").
3. Once you beat the Dark Illusion, Serin will reappear. She'll tell you she's happy that she met you and she'll give up her dream and live peacefully in Niflheim. Later on she'll send you back to the Witch's room.
4. If you fail, the rest of the quest NPCs will no longer talk to you. Return to Metz in Prontera to receive:
Part 7: The Sign
1. Talk to Kirkena and she's happy you stopped Serin. If you took the Witch path above, bring her back all the 5and she will reward you with experience points. She now asks you to talk to Lady Hell
2. Before talking to Lady Hell, if you have received, return it to Serin.
3. Talk to Depressing Man, Gen to enter to Lady Hell's room. Talk to Lady Hell but she won't have much to say.
4. Go back to the Valkyrie Temple and talk to Sandra. She's happy that you can complete the quest, and proved your courage to God. As a reward, she will give you a proof that you are God's Chosen One and with this item, you will be able to enter Valhalla.
- You will obtain The Sign
5. Go back to Prontera and pass The Sign to Metz. He's pretty excited about your acomplishments and he will start to study the relic. It will take him a few hours to study The Sign. Refer to the following table for the time slots:
|Time you gave the item||Time you need to pick it up between|
|00:00 - 01:59||04:00 - 05:59|
|02:00 - 03:59||06:00 - 07:59|
|04:00 - 05:59||08:00 - 09:59|
|06:00 - 07:59||10:00 - 11:59|
|08:00 - 09:59||12:00 - 13:59|
|10:00 - 11:59||14:00 - 15:59|
|12:00 - 13:59||16:00 - 17:59|
|14:00 - 15:59||18:00 - 19:59|
|16:00 - 17:59||20:00 - 21:59|
|18:00 - 19:59||22:00 - 23:59|
|20:00 - 21:59||00:00 - 01:59|
|22:00 - 23:59||02:00 - 03:59|
It should be made aware that you have to visit within that exact window of opportunity. For example, if you drop off the sign at 07:00 server time, then you'll need to pick it up between 10:00 and 12:00 server time. If you don't, you'll need to wait until the next 10:00 to 12:00 server time.
6. After studying The Sign, Metz will ask you to bring it to Engel Howard (Located at 89, 295) at Coal Mines F2 to fix it. Engel will take a few hours to fix The Sign into an equippable accessory. Refer to table shown above for the time slots.
- 200,000,000 Base Experience.
8. Go to Niflheim and bring The Sign and the to Gen (Located at 146 241). He will warp you to Lady Hell's room. Pass the to her. Then sit back and watch the fireworks display! Afterwards, she will give you:
9. In Geffen, go to the Geffen Fountain and click on it to enter Geffenia. The portal will open temporarily north of the Fountain, and anyone regardless of class, level, or having done the quest may enter it. Be warned however that this map has strong monsters.
|The Sign Arc Quests|
|First Quests||Final Quest|
|Umbala Language Quest||→||The Sign Quest|
|Piano Keys Quest||→|